Leepfrog Technologies Inc. is a rapidly growing company specializing in web solutions in an academic and commercial environment. The growth in the last two years has been phenomenal and as a result, there has been growth in professional staff. This position will be part of a growing, innovative company with an expanding client base and future opportunity.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base salary
- Full and comprehensive benefits package
Responsibilities and required experiences for the position of Accountant include:
- Accounting and paying of accounts payable.
- Contract billings and receivables and collection of receivables.
- Fixed asset accounting and accounting for building or remodeling projects as needed.
- Liability management including the management and use of line of credit financing and preparation and continual maintenance of future cash flow budgeting.
- Cash management and all associated reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Accounting for payroll and the associated payroll taxes and unemployment taxes including the timely reporting of payroll reports and the timely remission of all payroll taxes due.
- Accounting for multi-state payroll taxes and staying compliant with the reporting and remission of multi-state requirements.
- Production of year-end Forms 1099 and W-2s. Reconciliation of payroll to the reports provided.
- Application of income tax rules regarding fringe benefits and employee expenses.
- Continued education in corporate income tax law.
- Being the Company liaison for management of insurance needs of the Company.
- Prepare information needed for the independent CPA for tax preparation and also work with the same CPA on a proactive basis towards good tax planning.
Qualifications for this position are:
- A minimum of a five years’ experience in accounting operations of businesses in the service provider or manufacturing industries.
- A minimum of a two year degree in accounting or finance with heavy accounting education, unless experience is long and broad enough to perform the responsibilities.
- A knowledge of accounting software execution and a basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
- A moderate ability to work within the Internet and direct deposit and direct payment would be useful.
Leepfrog Technologies has been creating web applications for over 17 years and utilizes a diverse Windows and Linux datacenter environment.
Send resume to: email@example.com
2105 ACT Circle
Iowa City, IA 52245