Position Title: Catalog Editor
Location: Iowa City, IA
Leepfrog Technologies' CourseLeaf software is used by over sixty of the nation's most academically complex universities to manage their online academic catalogs and curriculum processes.
The Catalog Editor is responsible for writing and reviewing migrated catalogs for data integrity, organizing, and delivering client publications by using Leepfrog’s proprietary software. The Catalog Editor edits publications to ensure compatibility of related materials and conducts interviews with subject experts to understand the client’s needs.
Responsibilities and required experiences for this position include:
- Responsible for the final website composition for clients.
- Performs a variety of editing functions in a clear, concise, and professional manner by:
- Consulting with other staff to ensure a common understanding of materials to be produced.
- Proofreading materials; ensuring technical accuracy of final copy.
- Reviewing copy at each stage of production, and making necessary changes.
- Talks with client staff to verify content. Recommends revisions or changes in approach(es), scope, format, test, methods of production and dissemination.
- Adheres to prescribed deadlines.
- Ensures that hyperlinks and navigation tools embedded in the client’s catalog are appropriately designated.
- Enforces the direction and output of the Migration Project Team including the production schedule and delivery of the course catalog.
- Reviews client publications to determine whether format or content anomalies exist and document them in the “Migration Standards” for each client. Meets with subject matter experts for concurrence of these variances and nuances.
- Remains current on new developments in technical editing and publishing included technological enhancements which may affect Leepfrog. Understands changing trends in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proposes and tests new enhancements to software for the benefit of the client.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills for this position are:
- Excellent communication skills; develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Able to direct others remotely.
- Ability to interact effectively with others; work as part of a team.
- Maintain a high level of organization.
- Problem-solve in an ever changing environment; adapt to change quickly.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possess a strong work ethic – be reliable.
Qualifications for this position are:
Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or publications preferred. Three years writing/editing experience in a professional writing position. Possess competency with Windows OS, Microsoft Word & Excel, Firefox, and other computer applications. Customer service skills required. Familiarity with web development tools and content management software systems a plus. Leepfrog Technologies is a flexible, team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will work well in this type of setting and be able to adjust to client schedules.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2105 ACT Circle
Iowa City, IA 52245