Position: Senior Sales Representative
Location: Iowa City, IA or Chicago, IL
Duration: Full-Time with benefits
Leepfrog Technologies' CourseLeaf software is used by over sixty of the nation's most academically complex universities to manage their online academic catalogs and curriculum processes.
The Senior Sales Representative is responsible for reaching out to potential clients and demonstrating Leepfrog’s CourseLeaf Catalog and Curriculum Management software. The Senior Sales Representative identifies client needs and presents solutions based on those needs.
- Present/communicate company products and services to potential clients.
- Identify client needs and develop solution presentations to meet those needs.
- Contact potential clients and pursue accounts.
- Follow-up on new leads and referrals resulting from conference and marketing activity.
- Close sales in a longer sales cycle, higher price point environment.
- Develop and maintain current product knowledge and sales materials.
- Remain current on new developments in higher education technology. Understand changing trends and know what the competition is doing.
- Act as a liaison between the client and the implementation team.
- Participate in marketing events such as conferences and webinars.
- Adhere to prescribed deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written communication: must be clear, concise, and professional.
- Excellent verbal communication: exceptional presentation skills a must; able to clearly convey ideas across a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Strong sales skills: able to close potential clients.
- Strong client orientation: able to understand client requirements and translate them into customization options/plans.
- Analytical: evaluate how to go after business; effectively prioritize efforts across multiple potential clients.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead, prioritize, and plan over a 3-9 month time span.
- Problem-solve in a changing environment: adapt to change quickly.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethic: be a self-starter with strong initiative; be reliable.
- Teamwork: ability to interact effectively with others.
The ability to travel up to 20%+ of the time (typically 1-2 trips per month for ~3 days) is essential. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. In addition, the ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
- 2+ years' experience in university/college administration.
- 4+ years’ experience calling on potential clients and closing business, preferably in higher education, technology industry, or in major account sales.
Possess competency with Windows OS, Microsoft Word & Excel, Firefox, and other computer applications. Customer service skills are required. Familiarity with web-based presentation tools a plus. Project management experience a plus. Leepfrog Technologies is a flexible, team oriented environment. The ideal candidate must be able to operate in an entrepreneurial, small company environment with the ability to adjust to client schedules.
Salary plus bonus with excellent benefits package. The salary amount is based on the candidate’s experience and background.
Generally, the Senior Sales Representative position is considered sedentary. As part of the travel required, should occasionally be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Leepfrog Technologies has been creating web applications for over 18 years and utilizes a diverse Windows and Linux development environment.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org