Position: Full Charge Bookkeeper
Location: Iowa City, IA
Duration: Full-Time with benefits
Leepfrog Technologies' CourseLeaf software is used by over 100 of the nation's most academically complex universities to manage their online academic catalogs and curriculum processes.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper handles all of the accounting needs of Leepfrog Technologies, Inc., including the preparation of financial statements. The bookkeeper reports directly to the owners and often works with an outside CPA firm to prepare financial statements and tax returns at the end of the year. Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include tracking and reporting trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred so that management can analyze and predict future revenues and expenses. The bookkeeper relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. They serve as the primary point of contact for accounts payable and accounts receivable questions from internal staff and external vendors/clients.
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings, and statements.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner by comparing statements with general ledger. Perform all other necessary account, bank and reconciliation activities.
- Utilize computer systems to maintain accounting databases by entering data into the computer. Sort, code, post, and enter accounts payable and accounts receivable data.
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel.
- Research, track, and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- As requested, compile reports/summaries on activity areas.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
- Maintain accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
- Process accounts payables and receivables as needed. Process bills for payment and issue checks for accounts payable.
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks.
- Check, verify, prepare, and submit customer invoices.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment. Immediately notify management of delinquent accounts.
- Research, analyze, track, and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities: file and tally deposits; arrange for money to be delivered to bank.
- Determine value of depreciable assets.Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Work closely with Human Resources on payroll.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Maintain vendor files, including contracts.
- Provide front desk customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication: clear, concise, professional communication. Able
to communicate across a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to get results through others.
- An ability to think ahead, prioritize, and plan over a 3-9 month time span.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Exercise independent judgment. Work autonomously.
- High competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software. Demonstrated ability to
be accurate with an attention to detail and an aptitude for numbers.
Familiarity with double entry bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures, commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the accounting field. Bachelor’s degree preferred; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software is required. Experience with general ledger accounting package(s) such as ACCPAC, Great Plains, and/or Peachtree is preferred.
Generally, the Bookkeeper position is considered sedentary.
Send resume to: email@example.com