Position: Office Administrator
Location: Iowa City, IA
Reports to: Director of Operations
Duration: Full-Time with benefits
Leepfrog Technologies' CourseLeaf software is used by over sixty of the nation's most academically complex universities to manage their online academic catalogs and curriculum processes.
The Office Administrator is responsible for general receptionist duties, organizing and coordinating office operations to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency, and assisting the executive team on an as-needed basis. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, dependable, detail-oriented, resourceful, and diplomatic.
- Professionally administer (screen) all incoming calls. Provide callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information. Ensure phone calls are redirected accordingly. Take and retrieve messages for various personnel.
- Manages the reception area to ensure a professional image. Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Ensure all packages and correspondence are distributed appropriately. Receive, sort and forward incoming mail/deliveries. Maintain and route publications.
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- For audit purposes, assist in the mailing of vendor checks.
- Assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Design filing systems as needed. Assist office staff in maintaining files and databases. Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date.
- Define procedures for record retention. Transfer and dispose records according to retention schedules and policies
Office Operations Duties
- Serve as the go-to person for office operations inquiries.
- Implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures.
- Liaise with other staff, suppliers, clients, agencies, organizations and groups.
- Anticipate needed supplies, check stock regularly to determine inventory levels, replenish as needed, and verify receipt of inventory. Track the distribution and approve supply orders.
- Negotiate the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs; tidy and maintain the common areas.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment (excluding electronic equipment), as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Review and update the building’s safety policies and ensure they are observed.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing and tracking of building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.)
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices.
- Inform staff of changes to office operations.
Executive Assistance Duties
- Prepare agendas, reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals, correspondence, and meeting notes as requested by executive team (CEO, Director of Operations, and Director of IT).
- Schedule appointments and meetings for executive team as requested.
- Participate as needed in special projects.
- Make travel arrangements for the executive team as requested.
- Perform delivery/pickup duties as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Switchboard experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, Federal Express and UPS.
- Able to use a range of office software, including MS Office, email, spreadsheets and databases.
- Good planning skills; maintain a high level of organization, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Ability to interact effectively with others; work as part of a team; negotiate effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere and react appropriately to change.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; analyze and problem-solve.
- Possess a strong work ethic – be reliable and manage time efficiently.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least two years of previous office management experience; or a combination of education and experience. Incumbents must possess competency with Windows OS, Microsoft Word & Excel, Firefox, and other computer applications. Customer service skills required with supervisory experience a plus.
The Office Manager will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, will also have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time. Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs. The Office Administrator is located in a busy, open area office, and will be faced with constant interruptions.
Leepfrog Technologies has been creating web applications for over 18 years and utilizes a diverse Windows and Linux development environment.
Send resume to: email@example.com
2105 ACT Circle
Iowa City, IA 52245