Location: Iowa City, IA
Reports to: Director of Operations
Duration: Full-Time with benefits
Leepfrog Technologies' CourseLeaf software is used by over sixty of the nation's most academically complex universities to manage their online academic catalogs and curriculum processes.
The Trainer is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and fulfilling all training related responsibilities; ensuring up-to-date documentation and training are provided to both internal and external audiences. The Trainer equips clients and staff with the knowledge, practical skills, and motivation to carry out tasks using Leepfrog’s CourseLeaf Catalog, Curriculum Management software, and other Leepfrog tools. The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication abilities, be detail/time oriented, and highly professional.
- Identify training and development needs of Leepfrog users and staff through analysis, appraisal, and regular consultation with other departments.
- Design, develop, and produce training and development programs based on both the organization's and individual's needs. This may include lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Manage, update, and write all documentation needed for internal and external training on Leepfrog products. This includes training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Understand your audience and tailor training sessions as desired by the client. Use a variety of teaching materials and methods, taking into account differences in style, time, types, and pace of learning.
- Present/communicate company products and services in detail to clients and internal staff.
- Identify client questions during training presentations and act as a liaison between the client and internal departments by appropriately directing questions. Ensure follow-up with clients after answers have been determined.
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through testing, questionnaires, and discussions.
- Periodically evaluate training programs, amend and revise them as necessary, in order to adapt to changes that occur.
- Devise a training strategy for Leepfrog Technologies, Inc. that exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Develop and maintain the most current product knowledge. Remain current on new developments in higher education technology.
- Adhere to prescribed deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills: a good public speaker who is at ease moderating large groups.
- Excellent verbal communication: able to clearly convey ideas across a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Excellent written communication: must be clear, concise, and professional.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead, prioritize, and plan over a 3-9 month time span.
- Problem-solve in a changing environment: adapt to change quickly.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethic: be a self-starter with strong initiative; be reliable.
- Teamwork: ability to interact effectively with others.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others; lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
The ability to travel up to 50%+ of the time is essential. A minimum of two (2) years' prior training or teaching experience is required. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Possess competency with Windows OS, Microsoft Word & Excel, Firefox, and other computer applications. Customer service skills are required. Familiarity with web-based presentation tools a plus. The ideal candidate must be able to operate in an entrepreneurial, small company environment with the ability to adjust to client schedules.
The Trainer will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Trainer must be able to navigate airports, and locate client facilities. As part of the travel required, should occasionally be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Leepfrog Technologies has been creating web applications for over 18 years and utilizes a diverse Windows and Linux development environment.
To be considered for the Trainer, please send your cover letter and resume to Leepfrog's Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2105 ACT Circle
Iowa City, IA 52245